February 25, 2009

The Hours : My 5 Points are...

Salam... ukhuwwah fillah...


This is not a piece of criticism on the film... just my simple 5 points I gotta say about it....


1) The strong element of drama might give a 'slow' impression towards the viewers, but believe me... the 'slowness' is powerful... you can't say it til' you get to watch it for yourself...

2) Every single dialogue comes with the deepest meaning, as if you're listening to a long poem recital... seriously, everything said by the casts throughout the film is too beautiful to describe...

3) I just realized that Virginia Woolf was the actress, Nicole Kidman... damn, the make-up worked incredibly great... I could hardly recognize her, til' almost half of the story... haihhh! Served me right, I missed the opening credit... huhuh....

4) I changed my perception about movies with the genre of drama... Not all movies of this kind are boring... the tense of watching it moving slow is a real thrill...!

5) The subplots are nicely joined by the elements of visual and a subject, which is flower... in almost every shot there are flowers (fresh flowers in vases, flower motives on the wallpaper and even on the dress the casts wore...) Thanks Mr. Patrick, for making us see 'em... I almost didn't realize the existence of the connection with the flowers until you revealed it to the class... huhu...

+ Simply deep and meaningful... Great act and plotting altogether... +

~0^_^0~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the best!

Get a Cursor! ZingerBug.com - Comments, glitter graphics, cursors, and more!